For decades, the building complex at Annaberger Straße 77 in Oberwiesenthal, built in 1830, fell into disrepair. After extensive and solar renovation, it has become a real eye-catcher on the access road to Saxony's most popular winter sports resort. Within two years, the main building was renovated and redesigned into an innovative and attractive apartment building, turning a ruin into a largely CO2-neutral "Aktivsonnenhaus®". Both with the solar reorganization and with the future use the enterprise goes thereby new ways. Interested parties can conclude cost-effective flat-rate contracts in order to always have access to one of the apartments, for example.
In the context of the reorganization the dramatically damaged south half of the main building was removed and in its place an optimally inclined surface was created and equipped with solar thermal collectors of the Chemnitz company RETEC solar. In conjunction with the 37,000 liter water storage tank, the approximately 100 sqm solar surface achieves a coverage rate of 70% of the energy required for heating and hot water. The remaining 30% is covered by a wood log heating system with heat exchanger, making the building largely thermally self-sufficient. This is particularly remarkable given that it is an existing building in one of Germany's least sunny locations.
Wherever possible, the historic building fabric was preserved, e.g. the vaulted ceilings and the entrance and staircase areas with gneiss and Hilbersdorf porphyry. Old building materials such as historic doors were also used in appropriate places. Completely new and adapted to the changed environmental and usage conditions as well as the solar energy supply, on the other hand, were the roof truss, the media distribution as well as the building insulation. The consistent use of sustainable building materials such as e.g. seaweed insulation for the wooden supporting structure, mineral insulation for the exterior walls, LED lighting and many other innovative details ensure that ecological aspects were already taken into account during construction and that the operation of the buildings can be largely CO2-neutral.
Visit us in the Alpina Lodge, only 50m away, for a relaxing time in the wellness oasis with sauna and wellness treatments. Afterwards, you can indulge in culinary delights in our buffet restaurant. End the day in our CRIANI lounge bar.
As a natural paradise for hikers, cyclists and winter sports enthusiasts, the Erzgebirge offer countless opportunities to actively explore the picturesque region in every season.
We gladly offer you our support in planning tours and excursions.
Are you planning a family vacation with all the comforts? Then Alpina Lodge is the right choice for you.
In our mountain hotel Sachsenbaude, couples and families will find pure tranquillity and a panoramic view, in the middle of the Fichtelberg nature reserve.
FASA Lodge – Alpina Lodge Guest House
Annaberger Straße 77
Alpina Lodge Hotel Oberwiesenthal
Annaberger Str. 83